Welcome to Reception Hunts Grove!
Teacher: Miss Forecaste
Teaching Assistant: Miss Doughty, Mrs Harber (Tues and Wed morning)
Our topic this term is:
We will be learning many stories including: Jack and the Beanstalk, The three little pigs, and The three billy goats gruff as well creating our own!
Please find our topic curriculum map for this term here:
- P.E is on a THURSDAY morning. Please make sure your child’s P.E. kit has daps or suitable footwear, shorts and the T-shirt to match the colour of your child’s house.
- Reading books will be changed on a MONDAY and a THURSDAY as long as the reading record has been signed.
- Spellings (if applicable) will be tested once a week. Please do not practise in the spelling book as this is used for the tests, as well as a mean for you to see how well they have done.
- Please look out for any spare school clothes and bring them back to school.
Checklist for parents
- Please remember to name all items including school uniform, lunchboxes, P.E/forest school kit, hat, scarfs and gloves.
- Please bring in your child’s book back with book, reading record and sound keyring in every day. We do aim to try and read with your child once a week.
- Wellies and P.E. kits should be in school.
In Reception we value your contribution to your child’s learning. If you have something WOW you would like to share with us, then please fill in a WOW voucher to share with the class. We have extras if you need more!
Important dates this term
- Parent drop in book look – Thursday 3rd May – 2.50 – 3.30pm
- NSPCC Day (wear green £1 suggested donation) – Thursday 10th May
- Science Day – Tuesday 22nd May
- Good News Assembly (Invited parents only) – Thursday 24th May – 8.45am
We were lucky enough to have had 10 chicks born in our class last term. We all enjoyed watching them hatch, grow, help care for them as well as having a little stroke!
Thank you for helping us fund our Zoolab visitors. They told us about a story called ‘The Zaggero’ (based on the Gruffalo).
We got to see, learn new facts and touch the following animals: