Welcome to Reception Hunts Grove!
Teacher: Miss Forecaste
Teaching Assistant: Miss Doughty, Mrs Harber (Tues and Wed morning)
Our topic this term is:
Please find our topic curriculum map for this term here:
- P.E. lessons are on a THURSDAY morning. Please make sure your child’s P.E. kit has daps or suitable footwear, shorts and the T-shirt to match the colour of your child’s house.
- Reading books will be changed on a MONDAY and a THURSDAY as long as the reading record has been signed.
- Spellings (if applicable) will be tested once a week. Please do not practise in the spelling book as this is used for the tests as well as a mean for you to see how well they have done.
- Please look out for any spare school clothes and bring them back to school.
Checklist for parents
- Please remember to name all items including school uniform, lunchboxes, P.E/forest school kit, hat, scarfs and gloves.
- Please bring in your child’s book back with book, reading record and sound keyring in every day. We do aim to try and read with your child once a week.
- Wellies and P.E. kits should be in school.
In Reception we value your contribution to your child’s learning. If you have something WOW you would like to share with us, then please fill in a WOW voucher to share with the class.
Important dates this term
- Parents Evening – 26th and 27th February
- World Book Day – Thursday 1st March
- Good news assembly – 8.45am on Tuesday 27th March
- The children are learning about animals from all over the world. We are using the author Julia Donaldson to help us learn about different animals in a fictional sense; we will be exploring ‘The Ugly Five’, ‘The Gruffalo’ and ‘What the Ladybird Heard on Holiday.’
- We will also be exploring the animal’s habitats and looking closely at their features.
- Later in the half term we will be receiving an incubator and some eggs which we will nurture until the chicks have hatched. We will then look after the chicks until we break up for the Easter holiday.