Welcome to Reception Hunts Grove!
Teacher: Miss Forecaste
Teaching Assistant: Miss Doughty, Mrs Harber (Tues morning)
Our topic this term is:
Out at Sea!
Please find our topic curriculum map for this term here:
- PE is on a THURSDAY morning. Please make sure your child’s P.E. kit has daps or suitable footwear, shorts and the T-shirt to match the colour of your child’s house.
- The children will have Forest Schools again from Thursday 14th June and will need to bring in old spare clothes and wellies.
- Reading books will be changed on a MONDAY and a THURSDAY as long as the reading record has been signed.
- Spellings (if applicable) will be tested once a week. Please do not practise in the spelling book as this is used for the tests, as well as a mean for you to see how well they have done.
- Please look out for any spare school clothes and bring them back to school.
Checklist for parents
- Please remember to name all items including school uniform, lunchboxes, P.E/forest school kit, hat, scarfs and gloves.
- Please bring in your child’s book back with book, reading record and sound keyring in every day. We do aim to try and read with your child once a week.
- Wellies and P.E. kits should be in school.
In Reception we value your contribution to your child’s learning. If you have something WOW you would like to share with us, then please fill in a WOW voucher to share with the class. We have extras if you need more!
Important dates this term
- School trip – All day at Bristol Aquarium, Monday 18th June
- Parent Book Look – 50pm – 3.30pm, Thursday 21st June
- Sports Day – 9am, Monday 25th June
- Good news assembly –45am, Monday 23rd July
Out at Sea
- This half term we are setting sail and exploring what is out at sea.
- We are going to be diving into the sea and exploring what we can see and we will be learning about the different marine creatures and habitats.
- We will also be going back in time and looking at how pirates explored the seven seas and we will also be looking at pirate ships and their features.
- We also have an exciting trip planned on Monday 18th June to Bristol Aquarium where we will be going on a guided tour to see and learn about the different marine life that live in the different oceans around the world.
We were lucky enough to have had 10 chicks born in our class last term. We all enjoyed watching them hatch, grow, help care for them as well as having a little stroke!
Thank you for helping us fund our Zoolab visitors. They told us about a story called ‘The Zaggero’ (based on the Gruffalo).
We got to see, learn new facts and touch the following animals: